- the renovation of the medieval civic center -- now called the Basilica Palladiana
- the Palazzo Chiericati, now home to the city’s civic museums
- the famous and influential Villa Rotunda
- the Teatro Olimpico, a theatre complete with stage scenery that is still used for performances today.
- Verona: Vibrant City of Art with Dr. Susan Steer
- Mantua: Magnificent City of Art with Dr. Susan Steer
- Vicenza: Elegant City of Art with Dr. Susan Steer
About Your Expert
Susan Steer PhD is an art historian specializing in Medieval and Renaissance Venice. Susan has an extensive teaching background, lecturing on Italian art for universities in the UK and in Italy. She has also worked as a paintings researcher at museums in the UK, and has published on Italian Renaissance and Baroque art in leading specialist journals. She has lived in Venice for over 20 years.
This conversation is suitable for all ages.
90 minutes, including a 30 minute Q&A.
Guest did not leave comment
I have participated in other Conversations done by Dr. Susan Steer. They were first rate, and this one was as well.
I came away thinking my wife and I might like to visit Vicenza.
After watching Susan's seminar, I now want to travel to Vincenza - a tribute to her wonderful presentation!
This was a thorough and informative tour of Vicenza. We are planning to visit in the Fall and thought this would be useful to give us a background about the city before we arrive. We were very happy with Dr. Steer's presentation. Grazie mille!
Dr. Steer gave an excellent overview of both the city and of noted architect, Andrea Palladio. I very much appreciated the resource sheet and look forward to some of Dr. Steer's other seminars and courses.